'THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS' -Lewis Carroll

Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I did not expect to finish this on the bus today, but I did!! After a trip to and from uni I managed to complete my classic of the month for the month of June!!

This is officially one of my favourite classics (apart from TGG). I decided to pick it up because I have never been a big fan or known too much about the Alice in Wonderland stories. But since the release of the TTLG movie, I decided to give it a try along with Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and compare the two.

I believe that this book was published six years after the first one, and I've heard that it is better. I enjoyed the path that Alice took the readers on; her discovery of the backwards world inside the mirror was really unique and magical and I loved reading about it. Alice's encounter with the other characters, such as the White Queen, the Red Queen, Humpty Dumpty, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and all the others was really creative and funny. I loved adventuring into this world and finally learning the full story of Alice as she enters the looking glass.

I gave this book 5 stars as I found it a quick and easy read full of magic, humour, entertaining characters, and a creative story line. I highly recommend to readers who are looking for more classics to read.

Can't wait to watch the Through the Looking Glass movie and to read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland next month!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.