'THE LAST STAR' -Rick Yancey

The Last Star The Last Star by Rick Yancey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Such an amazing book to end a spectacular series! I didn't know how this was all going to pan out - but I didn't think it would be like this.


"The enemy is Other. The enemy is us.
They’re down here, they’re up there, they’re nowhere. They want the Earth, they want us to have it. They came to wipe us out, they came to save us.
But beneath these riddles lies one truth: Cassie has been betrayed. So has Ringer. Zombie. Nugget. And all 7.5 billion people who used to live on our planet. Betrayed first by the Others, and now by ourselves.
In these last days, Earth’s remaining survivors will need to decide what’s more important: saving themselves…or saving what makes us human." -Goodreads

CHARACTERS: The character development in this book was extreme, and it was amazing to read about these characters growing, changing, and helping to finalise the book.
From the beginning. I loved Cassie. She is strong, kind and courageous, and I loved learning even more about her in this book. However, I didn't think that Cassie's ending in the book would happen; it was completely shocking and unexpected.
Ben would have to be my favourite character in the series, and he was also able to develop and grow to an amazing man by the end. His leadership skills and courage definitely saved a lot of lived throughout all three books.
Other characters such as Ringer and Evan I didn't really like in the first two books. They were getting in the way of my OTP (Ben and Cassie). However, throughout this book they really grew on me. Ringer became nicer (especially to Cassie) and I became to understand Evan's situation and his love for Cassie.

PLOT/ STORY LINE: I really enjoyed the events that occurred throughout the book. The 5th Wave would have to be my favourite book based on the story line, but I think this book would have to be my second. It wasn't plot driven which would usually make it a little bit boring considering that it's sci-fi, however Yancey did a good job and keeping it simple yet still exciting. The length of the book was perfect as well; not too long that it dragged out but not too short that it felt like nothing actually happened.
There was so much suspense, emotion, plot twists, deaths, and fights. There was so much excitement when I was reading that I struggled to put the book down! I ended up finishing it two days because of how amazingly suspenseful it was and how addicted to the storyline I was.

ENDING: The ending to this book was unexpected - I didn't see it coming at all! There was emotion, and a wonderfully built community and family amongst the remaining characters. However, I was slightly disappointed with the overall ending and how the 'war' panned out. It was left quite open, as if there was still another book to go. A companion series could help with this! Overall I liked how the book finished, but not the ending of the war that we were waiting to end for this whole series.

RATING: Overall, I decided to give this book 5 stars. For everything that I mentioned previously; the character development, interesting story line, and emotional ending. It would have to be my second favourite book in the series, and can't wait for the next two movies to be released!


Check out my blog; readbooksreadblog.blogspot.com.au
Youtube; youtube.com/readbooksread

Comment below if you have read it and let me know what you think!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.