LANDLINE

AAAAAAGGGGGGG!!!! RAINBOW ROWELL, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!?!

I read the first couple of chapters yesterday, but I wasn't really getting into it. But today early this afternoon I picked it up again and finished it maybe 9 hours later. Georgie finds herself in a bad place when she realises that she is constantly putting work before her family, and her two children and husband (Neal) leave for Omaha for Christmas without her. When Georgie decides to call Neal's home phone from her old landline, it isn't current Neal that answers. Instead it's young Neal from the past.

I couldn't put this book down mainly because I wanted to find out what happened in the end. I wanted to know more about Georgie's life before she met Neal, when she met him, when she married him, her children, her job, her family, you name it. And I fell in love with it. At first I found Neal annoying and self centred but the more the readers got to know him, the more I fell in love with him.

Georgie's struggles throughout the Christmas break is what makes up the stories. At first she thinks that Neal and her are over and it's only a matter of time before he leaves her. But listening to 'past Neal' on the landline only makes her realise what she's missed over the years and how in love with her he was, and still is.

There were times throughout the books where I was close to crying. I had an emotional attachment to Georgie and all I wanted was for things to work out for her, and I'm so pleased with the ending. I had a rough idea of how I thought it would end, but the ending wasn't as predictable as I thought it would be.

Overall I give this book 4.5 stars out of 5. It was a fantastic read and was beautifully written. I also found it entertaining and interesting and would definitely recommend. Most Young Adult fiction is about young romance and first loves, but Rowell incorporates adult life and marriage with this concept which makes Landline an appropriate read for even older audiences.

Thanks for reading Xx
Don't forget to leave a comment behind and add my instagram @readbooksread and email readbooksread@outlook.com for personal enquiries

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.