HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE

Every since we were young, my two brothers have always been obsessed with Harry  Potter but it never really interested me. I have only ever seen the first movie and even then I never really paid much attention to it. My brother had a bunch of un-touched books in the study so I decided to give them a try and see what all the fuss is about...and I'm glad I did.

I thought I would have trouble understanding all the fantasy and magic stuff but it all made complete sense thanks to Rowell's descriptive language. The story line was easy to follow and not plot driven, therefore making it easy to understand.

The characters were iconic and individual which made me love them even more. The friendship that blossomed between Harry, Ron and Hermione was entertaining and their differences brought them closer together.

The suspense and conflict between the gang and Snape, Voldemort, and keeping the stone safe was also effective in keeping myself as a reader interested in the story line. Also Harry's relationship with his uncle, aunty and cousin, Hagrid, and his place on the Quidditch team was greatly emphasised.

Overall I rate this books 4 stars out of 5. It was better than I thought it would be and I'm glad that I read it, but it isn't the best book I've ever read. However, I'm glad to say that I am now apart of the Harry Potter fandom... YAY!!

For anyone who is questionning whether they should read the series or not, should definitely do it. I am rarely a fan of fantasy and I prefer romance, but this books changed that. I plan on reading the rest of the series in between the books that I have planned to read this month.

Thanks for reading Xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.