HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF ASKABAN

YAY!!! I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!

Although this wasn't my favourite from the series that I read so far, it was still amazing!!! When mass murderer, Sirius Black escapes Askaban, everyone assumes that he is after Harry. Harry, Ron and Hermione investigate into the matter after believing that he is one of Voldemort's old allies.

Although I found this a fun and interesting read, I found it quite difficult at times to follow the story line. I've never been a big fantasy ready myself, so this could be the reason, but I found that the description and explanation of some of the events that occurred were not explained enough or in enough detail. However, pretty much everything else was explained with great detail, including those bloody Dementor's.

Harry, Ron and Hermione's friendship continues to blossom throughout this book and I love that. Their vengefulness towards Draco Malfoy and his gang also continues to grow, and this creates a great and interesting conflict throughout the novel.

I read this book in less than a day because I couldn't put it down. The first three books aren't too long which means they don't drag on forever, therefore making it boring. However I'm looking at the last four books now which are three times the size and hoping that they are just as good. I just finished watching the movie and it was no where near as good as the book! There was nothing about Gryffindor winning the Quidditch Cup or House Cup (sigh).

Overall I give this book 3.9 stars out of 5. I still loved the book but didn't find it as amazing as  the first two. I would definitely recommend this book to people who haven't read it, or just watched the movie, because it is a million times better!

Thanks for reading Xx
p.s. don't forget to add my instagram @readbooksread




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.