BIANNUAL BIBLIOTHON WRAP UP

A few days before the start of the Biannual Bibliothon, I decided that I was going to participate since it started a couple days after my last uni exam. I put together a quick and under-ambitious TBR on my YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUbUNzybvME ) which contained only four books. After giving it more thought, I increased my TBR to seven books - a book per challenge. My final TBR included;

1. Group Book; The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
2. Host Choice; Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
3. Book in a different format; Caspar Lee by Caspar Lee and Emily Riordon
4. Book with your favourite mythical creature; City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Claire
5. Book you've been putting off; The Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz
6. Boom from an author you haven't read before; The Last Good Day of the Year by Jessica Warman
7. Wild Card; We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

In the end I only read six of the books (I read a book each day) as Saturday I was exhausted and not in the mood for reading. Although I never got to reading The Isle of the Lost (ironically since it's the book I've been putting off) but I was still able to complete that challenge as I was putting off City of Fallen Angels for a while now.

Here is what I thought of each book, in the order that I read them;

Caspar Lee; I read this eagerly on Sunday. I love Caspar and he is one of my favourite YouTuber's and so it was great learning more about him. Although it wasn't as enjoyable or personal as we read from his mothers perspective, I also found this interesting and different.
4.5 Stars.

The Unexpected Everything; This has been on my TBR for a while now, and I'm so glad I finally got to read it. I loved it! It's quite a chunky book and so I wasn't sure if I'd be able to finish it in a day, but with great determination I read it quite fast. The characters were fun, and story line was light hearted, and I really enjoy Matson's work.
5 Stars.

Maybe Someday; I've been wanting to read a Colleen Hoover book for ages, and this readathon finally gave me an excuse to go pick it up. I did not expect the book to go in the direction it did. It was different to anything I've read, and it was an enjoyable read (I think I cried a bit). I did find some bits of the story line a bit weird, but I plan on reading more of her books soon.
4.5 Stars.

City of Fallen Angels; Finally got around to continuing on with TMI. I've been in a massive contemporary mood lately so I was iffy about picking this up, but I LOVED it! I think it would have to be my favourite in the series so far, and I can't wait to read the last two books and see where the series ends.
5 Stars.

We'll Always Have Summer; I would have devoured this in one sitting, but I had work on Thursday so I read it in two. When I was at work all I could think about was how much I wanted to be reading (I think this is a great quality when reading a book). It was sad to see the series end, but I'm happy with how it ended. This would have to be my favourite out of all three.
5 Stars.

The Last Good Day of the Year; I had a full on day on Friday and so I didn't think I'd get any reading done, but I had two hours to kill in the afternoon. I finished this book in two hours! I've never read a book in literally one sitting before... I didn't even use my bookmark! But I really enjoyed the characters and mystery in this book. Check out my full review; http://gabbytheblogger.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/the-last-good-day-of-year-jessica-warman.html
4.5 Stars.


I'm really happy with my reading efforts this week over the Bibliothon and I got so much reading done! I got to read some books that I've always wanted to read and some that have been on my TBR for ages!!! I was also able to participate in the video challenges which are linked below;

SUNDAY; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhJu86MDDh8
TUESDAY; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldFN5eQ97m0
MONDAY & WEDNESDAY; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUbma-TfIqo
THURSDAY; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxI5s5dIPTg
FRIDAY; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opZUX1JeI_Q

Comment below if you participated in the bibliothon...





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.