I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN

Hi again!

Okay, here's the deal. I read Jandy Nelson's other popular novel 'The Sky Is Everywhere" a few years ago for school and recently bought the book and read it again. Because I was so in love with TSIE, I ultimately had high expectations for 'I'll Give You The Sun." I really don't want to talk down this books because it was overall a great read, it just took a while for me to get into it.

Firstly, I found it a bit confusing how one chapter was about one twin in the present time, and the next chapter was about the other twin a few years earlier. However, I also found this interesting and a creative technique. I was more interested in Jude's story and found myself skimming over Noah's chapters (sorry). But by the end of the text I had emotionally invested in Jude's life and her story with Oscar, and I admit that I almost cried a little at the end.

Sorry if this revue is confusing. In the end I liked the book, but I don't think it compares to how Nelson has written 'The Sky Is Everywhere.'

I give this text 3 stars out of 5 and although it's not for me, I'm sure a lot of people disagree with myself and would love to read it.

Thankyou!! Xx
And add my instagram accound @readbooksread 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.