EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING

OMG I'M CRYING RIGHT NOW!!!

I finished this amazing and beautiful book by Nicola Yoon within 6 hours. I laughed, I cried, and I fell in love. Everything, Everything is about an 18 year old girl, Maddy, who hasn't left her house since she was a baby because she is allergic to the world. Maddy has never cared too much about it before, until Olly moves in next door. Everything, Everything is a story about first love, family, and loss, and it has potential to bring tears to the eyes of people who never cry!

I didn't expect too much from this book, but WOW it was so amazing I couldn't put it down (that happens a lot with me!). Yoon's use of characterisation made it all the better. Maddy is just like any teenage girl, except from the fact that she is secluded from the world, but that doesn't stop her from making the most of her life. She is courages and brave and is willing to take risks for love, and what she wants. Olly on the other hand, I fell in love with almost immediately. His charming personality, and the fact that he doesn't care a single bit about Maddy's illness; he just wants to be with her. When both of these amazing characters came together, they created a beautiful story and I love how Yoon was able to do that.

When I read the blurb, the storyline sounded interesting, but the story itself was nothing like I thought it would be. The plot twists throughout, the character development, all of it is amazing. For a majority of the book, all the readers have to do is visualise the setting of Maddy's room and at times the sunroom and outside her bedroom window. But near the end of the book when the unexpected happens, I myself felt like I was leaving my bedroom for the first time. It was such a beautiful moment.

Overall I give this book 4.9 stars out of 5. As I said before, it was such a beautiful story and I cried throughout the whole thing. I would have loved it to be just a little bit longer so that I could grow a closer connection with the characters, but when I think about it, maybe it didn't need that. I would HIGHLY recommend to readers of Young Adult and Teenage Fiction. OMG I just can't get over how amazing this book was...sighhhh...

Thanks for reading Xx
And don't forget to add my instagram @readbooksread
And comment bellow so I can see who my lovely readers are!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.