SEPTEMBER WRAP UP



I was disappointed with my reading efforts this month; I just felt like the month flew by without me even realising! Before I knew it the month was over and I only managed to read nine books. I know this sounds good, and usually I would be happy with this, but I had two weeks break from uni this month and planned to get so much reading done. Unfortunately I was sick during the first week and couldn't get myself to concentrate on anything that I was reading.

The books I read this month were mostly good and I'm happy with the quality of them. Out of the nine books, eight of then were YA with a mix of contemporary and fantasy, and one was an adult thriller which I counted as my classic for the month. Here's what I read;

A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness
Such a beautiful yet tragic story about childhood, family and grief. I had high expectations for this book since so many people talk about how amazing and emotional it is, and I did enjoy it. However, it wasn't as amazing as I thought it was going to be. I felt the emotion, yet I kind of saw the ending coming. Still an amazing story that everyone should read.
4 Stars

The Loose End's List - Carrie Firestone
Sent to me by the publisher for review. I absolutely loved this book and found the story idea so unique. There was emotion, laughter, love for both a boy and family, and grief. This book had so many levels to it which I loved.
4.5 Stars

My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick
Perfect timing for reading this book because I didn't realise that I was in a mushy contemporary mood until I read it. The romance between the two main characters was so cute and I loved reading about them. I loved how this book also focused a lot on family as well and how the two characters' families were complete opposites. I will definitely be reading more of Fitzpatrick's books in the future.
4.5 Stars

Empire of Storms - Sarah J. Maas
Finally... probably the most talked about book this month. I wasn't a big fan of the last two books in the series, so I didn't have big expectations for this book. However, I actually really enjoyed it. I'm still not a massive fan of the series like every one else is, but Maas definitely did redeem herself in this book.
4 Stars

The Rest of Us Just Live Here - Patrick Ness
My second Ness book and I actually really enjoyed it. The book isn't about the usual 'main characters' who usually have a big story to tell. Instead, it's about the average people in the world and I found this a really unique idea. The story line was simple, but that was the whole point.
4 Stars

Trial by Fire - Josephine Angelini
I was asked to review this trilogy by MacMillan a while ago, and I've finally got around to working my way through it. I didn't think that I would love it since it's about witches, however I actually found myself really enjoying it. I read The Crucible in high school, and since this book is set in Salem, I was able to make the connections.
4 Stars

Our Chemical Hearts - Krystal Sutherland
Such a beautiful and realistic read about first love. I loved almost every part of this book include the characters, the story line, and especially the ending. I was meant to be meeting the author at an event at Dymock's last week, but there was a storm and the whole state was in a black out. The meeting was still on but it wasn't safe for me to make it into the city :(
4.5 Stars

Firewalker - Josephine Angelini
The second book in the Trial by Fire trilogy. I really enjoyed this book also; just as much as the first one. I can't wait to read the final book and see how this series is going to end. I will have a full series review up when I'm finished.
4 Stars

Carrie - Stephen King
I've seen the original Carrie movie once, and watched the 2013 version about three times! I absolutely loved it and randomly decided to pick the book up a few weeks ago on a whim. I loved the book just as much as the film, and I definitely want to read more of King's books soon. I also counted this as my classic for the month; it isn't your typical classic but I forgot to read one and technically it is one...
5 Stars


So that's my September Wrap Up. Let me know down below what books you read this month and what you think of the books I read. I also have reviews up for some of the books I mentioned so be sure to check them out as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.