TAG TUESDAY: Do I actually have good taste in books?

I took a quiz on buzz feed the other day that asked a range of 'which would you rather' questions. Let me know if you agree or disagree with any of my answers in the comments below!



HARD BACK or PAPER BACK?
Paper Back (50%); Although hard back's are beautiful to look at and I love facing them forward on my shelf, 90% of the books I own are paper backs. They're cheaper, more comfortable to hold when reading, and I don't feel as stressed when reading in case I ruin the book. Plus, I can hardly ever find any hard back's at my local book stores.

HARRY POTTER or LORD OF THE RINGS?
Harry Potter (80%); I only read the Harry Potter series at the end of last year, but I fell in love with the books and the movies straight away. I haven't read Lord of the Rings or watched the movies, and to be honest they don't really interest me.



SMELL OF OLD BOOKS or NEW BOOKS?
New Books (51%); I'm actually surprised that only 51% of people chose new books. I personally think the smell of old books is rank.

STEPHEN KING or RL STINE?
Stephen King (72%); I just finished reading Carrie for the first time and absolutely loved it. I've watched both adaptations of the movie multiple times and the book was just as good as the movies.



FANTASY or SCI-FI?
Fantasy (77%); I had to go with fantasy for this one since almost half of the books I own are fantasy. I've only read a few sci-fi books, but the one's I have read I've loved. So hopefully I will be able to pick a few more up soon.

READING INDOORS or OUTDOORS?
Outdoors (31%); Although I read inside almost all the time (especially at the moment since it's still cold out) but I love the thought of reading outside. The warm weather is coming and I'm so excited to soak up the rays and read at the same time.

TWILIGHT or FIFTY SHADES OF GREY?
Twilight (72%); The Twilight series was one of the first YA book series I ever read, and I think it really got me into reading. I also love the movies just as much and really want to reread the books soon... when I get some time. I've seen the FSoG movie and will probably see the second one too since the first one ended on such a cliff hanger, but I have no interest in reading the books.



LOCAL BOOK SHOP or ONLINE?
Local Book Shop (80%); I hardly ever shop online at all even though it's much easier, cheaper, and has a wider range of options. I just love making the trip into the city, walking into Dymocks, and raging the shelves for a new read. I'm not going to lie... it can be a bit embarrassing when I walk up to the counter balancing six books in my hand...

THE GREAT GATSBY or THE CATCHER IN THE RYE?
The Great Gatsby (68%); I read TGG the first time for year 11 english, and fell in love with Fitzgerald's writing and the story line. I have since reread the book, watched numerous film adaptations and rewatched the Baz Lerman film about a hundred times. It's my favourite classic of all time.



FICTION or NON-FICTION?
Fiction (88%); As much as I love reading non-fiction and biographies, I will always go for fiction. I do, however, want to expand on my non-fiction reading so I plan next year to try and read one non-fiction book a month.

BOOK MARKS or DOG EARING?
Bookmarks (69%); How dare that other 31%?!?!?!?!?!



ROALD DAHL or DR. SEUSS?
Roald Dahl (52%); This was a hard one for me since I love The Cat in the Hat, but I had to choose Dahl in the end. I was never a massive reader of either of these authors when I was younger.

E-BOOK or AUDIO BOOK?
E-Book (72%); I'm not a fan of either of these, but I don't understand how people can stay focused while listening to audio books. I've never tried listening to an audio book, but I don't plan on doing it anytime soon.


And that's it! Let me know down below if you've taken the quiz and how you went :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.