This was my first time participating in the Booktube-A-Thon and I can tell you that I had an amazing time completing the reading and video challenges. I started my Booktube in February this year, and since then I have grown to love the Booktube community so much more! It's events and readathons like these that bring all us book worms together.
Here was my TBR for the Booktube-A-Thon to complete the reading challenges:
1. Read a book with yellow on the cover - Summer Days and Summer Nights by Stephanie Perkins
2. Read a book only after sunset - Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oaks
3. Read a book you discovered through Booktube - Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
4. Read a book by one of your favourite authors - Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
5. Read a book that is older than you - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
6. Read and watch a book to movie adaptation - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
7. Read seven books - The Witch's Kiss by Katharine and Elizabeth Corr
I was able to read one book a day, however by Sunday I lost motivation and was not able to complete the seventh challenge. But I'm still really happy with my efforts! Here are the books and videos that I completed each day;
Monday; Summer Days and Summer Nights
- Since this is a book full of short stories, it's hard to rate it considering I loved some stories but found others boring. However, I was disappointing in the amount of stories that I didn't like. There was only about three that I loved and the rest I ended up skimming over because I just wasn't interested.
- 4 stars
Tuesday; Thirteen Reasons Why
-I really loved the idea of this book and found it really interesting. Although it covered a difficult topic, it wasn't written in a serious tone. Although there were serious and emotional parts of the book, I found the most of it quite light hearted. It was a nice and quick read which is always great in a readathon.
- 5 stars
Wednesday; Since You've Been Gone
- I really loved this book and it would have to be my favourite book I read during the week. It looks long so I was scared it would take me more than a day to read, however I ended up finishing this before the evening which was surprising. The story line was a cute contemporary which was easy to follow, and the characters were great to read about.
- 5 stars
Thursday; Me Before You
- This is a reread for me as I read it at the beginning of the year, but since seeing the movie three times in the cinema (no shame) I've been wanting to reread it again. Me Before You would have to be one of my favourite books and movies of all time and it was great to be able to relive that again. I also found it good to be able to read it after the movie again to recognise the difference between the two.
- 5 stars
Friday; Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- This book also counted as my classic of the month for July which is good because I was planning on reading it anyway. I liked this book, however I still enjoyed Through the Looking Glass better. This was a nice and quick read (about 100 pages) so I finished it in one sitting. I've never been a big fan of Alice in Wonderland, however it was nice to experience it.
- 4 stars
Saturday; Queen of Hearts
- Although I completed this Saturday night, I started reading it early on in the week. I hardly ever read at night, so this was a bit of a challenge for me. Instead I decided to read 60 pages a night which didn't take long, and therefore I was able to finish it in five nights. The books was sent to me for review by Harper Collins, and I liked it, however I felt like there was something missing.
- I had a busy day and was hardly home at all. Therefore, I didn't want to read The Witch's Kiss because I knew I wouldn't have enjoyed it because I would have been trying to rush it.
VIDEOS FROM THE WEEK:
Day 1; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=319CFdxiX9E
Day 4; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0NspKJFbTE
Wrap Up; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8CmZBlX_KA
Thanks for reading guys! Be sure to comment below if you participated in the Booktube-A-Thon and let me know what you read :)
Powered by Blogger.