APRIL WRAP UP

I had a pretty good reading month again this month - actually it has been a pretty good reading year all together. In April I read a total of 16 books, 4 of these were rereads. I also participated in one readathon, and continued on with my yearly goal of reading one classic a month. Here is what I read and what I thought of each book.



The Scrapbook of my Life - Alfie Deyes
Alfie is one of my favourite YouTuber's, so as soon as his new biography typed scrapbook was released, I picked it up straight away. It was funny, creative, and I really enjoyed reading more about his life.
5 Stars

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
This was the first classic I read this month (I had to read two to catch up for January and February). I really enjoyed this classic; it wasn't my favourite and it was really long, however I preferred it to some others that I have read this year.
4 Stars

The Raven Boys, The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue - Maggie Stiefvater
I decided to marathon this series that I have wanted to read for a long time. Since the final book in the series, The Raven King, is being released in May, I thought now was a good time. I really enjoyed these three books; they were original and interesting. However I didn't love them and found myself quite confused at times.
4.3 Stars

When We Collided - Emery Lord
I did a full review of this book on my blog so you can check that out for more details. Basically I liked the story line and how it talked about serious issues, however I had a few problems with the characters and parts of the plot.
4 Stars

The 5th Wave and The Infinite Sea - Rick Yancey
I have wanted to read these books since seeing The 5th Wave movie at the beginning of the year, and since The Last Star is released at the end of May, I wanted to pick them up before. I loved these two books, even better than the movie. Highly recommend especially since I'm not usually a huge sci-fi fan.
5 Stars

Star Struck - Jenny McLachlan
I also did a full review on my blog for this book, so you can check that out. I somewhat liked the story, I just found parts of it unnecessary and random. I found that it is a book for early teenagers.
3 Stars

Allegiant - Veronica Roth
As part of the 24 Hour Readathon (I also did a blog post on this) I decided to reread a few books. After seeing the Allegiant movie (I also did a movie review blog) I wanted to refresh my mind on the book by rereading it.
5 Stars (still)

We Were Liars - E. Lockhart
This was the second book I reread for the readathon. I read it a couple of years ago and loved it, and so I wanted to relive the story line again and refresh my mind on the events.
5 Stars (still)

The Heir - Kiera Cass
This was the third book I reread for the readathon. The final book to The Selection series, The Crown, is being released in May (so many releases!) I wanted to refresh my mind on the previous book as there were a lot of things I couldn't remember.
5 Stars (still)

The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
This was the fourth book I reread for the readathon, and also included as my second classic for the month. I read this beautiful book years ago for a school essay, and to this day it is still my favourite classic, and one of my favourite books. It was really good to read it again.
5 Stars (still)

The Yearbook Committee - Sarah Ayoub
I also did a full review of this which you can check out. I really enjoyed this book, and almost gave it 5 stars until some events that occurred near the end and so I had to reconsider my decision. It is set in Australia which is also really cool!
4.5 Stars

Flawed - Cecelia Ahern
And my final book for the month, which I finished just in time on the 30th of April. I love Ahern's work, and when I found out that she released a YA dystopia novel, I had to request it for review. I also posted a review for this book on my blog which you can check out. This book has such a unique concept and the story line was really intriguing.
5 Stars


So that's my reading wrap up for the month of April! Comment down below if you have read any of these books and what you thought of them! Also check out the extra reviews I posted on my blog.
I will also have my April Wrap up and some extra reviews on my YouTube channel soon, which you can check out in the side bar.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.